gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


Now Thats What I Call Thrift: #3

It's that time of week again, another money saving tip for gradults the world over. Those student loans won't pay off themselves.

#3 A lot of people aren’t thrifty because they find it embarrassing, and it can be. Do you think I feel great when the checkout girl gingerly scans my reduced extra value mince? I don’t revel in the look of contempt I get when I pay for a week’s shopping in silvers but then again, what you gonna do love, you're ‘here to help’ and last time I checked it’s still currency. My advice: go to the self service check out. The self service check out doesn’t judge, the self service check out thinks nothing of you feeding him coppers for ten minutes, the self service check out supports the art of thrift.

No comments:

Post a Comment