gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


Now that's what I call thrift: #7

Joe posted thrift #6 yesterday, and as a treat, here’s thrift #7. This is my debut writing on the subject of thrift, so I’ve gone for one that got me through some long, cold nights at Uni, and I still use today.

#7: The hot water bottle

I’m sure a lot of you already use them, or have done in the past, but I bet many others still don’t understand what a sound investment this can be. Sure, heat the rest of the house/flat, but for the bedroom, just pop a hot water bottle under your duvet about an hour before you get into bed and there’s no need to turn that radiator on. I got mine for £3 from Wilko’s - admittedly it’s pink but there were no other options and I was cold. Also, combined with a couple of thick jumpers, very useful during the day when there’s just no need to put the heating on.

Added little extra here as well, buy a bottle of Scotch. That’ll keep your insides warm as well. Just pop into your local OddBins and pick one up for about £20, a real winter warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment