gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


Now that's what I call thrift: #8

Once again it’s a double Thrift Thursday, it’s as classic a B.O.G.O.F as you’ll ever see! Except of course you’re not buying anything.

#8: The library

What a resource! Sure, my Mum’s been telling me this for years but it’s not like I was listening is it? Manchester has 4 libraries within walking distance of my house, each boasting a large selection of books, CD’s, and DVD’s (including box sets!), and they’re all free*! If you’re a bit lazy like me you will inevitably get a few fines along the way (I’ve got £3.42 at the moment) but for that I’ve had 3 books, 1 CD and a DVD. Wow.

*You do have to sign up but this is free. For some DVD’s you have to pay £1, but this is for a week’s rental so it’s still a lot cheaper than Blockbuster!

I hope all you thrifty people are still drinking scotch/using hot water bottles! Now that’ what I call thrift #9 will be online this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment