gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


Now Thats What I Call Thrift #26

Periodically I find myself struggling to come up with a weekly antidote to the ills of overspending. When this is the case I usually hand over the reins to Michael Gray and he in turn bestows some of his own thrift based wisdom. Usually a way to prise something free out of the internet. Seems only fair, it steals most of my evenings.

But with Michael beset with (if you haven’t been on the Gradulthood twitter feed today: spoiler alert) tram issues, the task fell back to me. I hardly seem the right person to give out money saving tips after the torture I put my debit card through on Saturday night. I swear if I didn’t keep my wallet and phone in separate pockets it would have reported me by now. Has anyone ever found a receipt from 3.14a.m and though ‘yep, I stand by that purchase.’

Luckily for this franchise, even when my thriftiness starts to wane, my thirft-dar never wavers. I’m always on the lookout for thrift in the community and today something really caught my eye.

As a fan of Redbush my boss’ taste in tea could never be described as thrifty. But his way of countering this more than makes up for it. Thrift 26: Putting the Tea in Thriftiness.

Whilst the lavish amongst you might discard a tea bag after it’s been used my boss will dutifully store it away in a designated cup, ready for a second shift. When quizzed about it he confirmed when times are hard he won’t rule out the hat trick.

So next time you gradults fancy a cuppa, ask yourself, have I really clawed every pence out of this tea bag? After all, you don’t need sugar when you have the sweet taste of saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment