gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


A Gradult in Europe (/Britain): Glasgow

It's cold and wet in Glasgow.
Whilst Joe's in Milan, I'll be heading north.

Where are you going?

Early on Saturday morning I shall be making the 3-hour train journey from Manchester to Glasgow. As a season ticket holder at Preston North End I’m not entirely sure why I feel the need to go to Scotland to watch football… Well actually I do; Preston are away, we’re rubbish, and Glasgow has whisky distilleries. I’d love to tell you who we’re going to watch but the truth is, I’m not entirely sure. It definitely involves Celtic though…For the record, I’m livid Joe’s going to Milan for the same travel cost.


What are you expecting?

Glasgow gets mixed reviews. Some people think it remains stuck in a trainspotting-esque time warp, whilst others say it’s on a par with Edinburgh. I’d be happy with either, but generally I find Scotland a very welcoming place so long may this continue. I’m also expecting an exciting football match between Celtic and, errrrr….

Extra curricular activities?

This bit I do know about. We’re going whisky tasting on Sunday at a Glaswegian distillery. This not only involves a tour and tasting, but we also get to blend 100ml of our own whisky! Brilliant. On reflection it sounds a bit like a stag weekend doesn’t it? I can assure you it’s not, although I can’t guarantee there won’t be any incidents involving tying people to lampposts.

Join us on Monday/Tuesday for a review of our weekends, as well as ‘A week in a tweet’, and ‘A Gradult (not) at work: The media industry’.

No comments:

Post a Comment