gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


Another thing I learnt this week.

I wasn’t going to contribute anything to ‘5 things…’ this week, until that is I learnt something new that shocked me.

Kids are no longer allowed to pin the tail on a Donkey, or even pin the tail on a reindeer for that matter. This weekend I attended a birthday bash for my friend's Dad in Driffield, East Yorkshire. It was a great weekend in great surroundings with some great people. Now there were only two children with us in a group of about twenty - a baby and a 5 year old - so all the adults/gradults joined in and played a few games to keep the 5 year old entertained, as you do.

After a very fixed pass the parcel (I didn’t want to win anyway), and an extremely questionable musical bumps (also known as musical statues, again, very fixed, but in my mind I won), we came to ‘Stick the tail on the Reindeer’. Woah woah, rewind, stick?? What happened to a pin? Apparently kids are no longer trusted with pins! I couldn’t believe it. Admittedly it was a very entertaining game (£1.39 at your local Sainsbury’s), but don’t even get me started on the result…

No comments:

Post a Comment