gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


Now Thats What I Call Thrift: #12

Thrift Thursday’s are back! I almost wrote a piece on why people shouldn’t go out on New Year’s Eve because of overpriced entry/drinks/taxis but then I’m going to go out so it seemed a bit hypocritical…Instead, this weeks thrift is on:

#12: Megabus

Anyone that claims to be in the least bit thrifty should have heard of this cheap coach company already. The coaches are blue, with big yellow writing on them, and whisk (well, almost) people between cities throughout the UK for sometimes as little as a pound. Sure the coaches aren’t that spacious but they’re good enough, and sure you can’t just wander down to the buffet car when you’re peckish, but that’s expensive anyway isn’t it? Pop into Boots and get a meal deal if you’re hungry.

This week it has been brought to my attention that Megabus are now offering seats for FREE! With a 50p booking fee…After a quick search on their extremely useless, slow and frustrating website I discovered I could travel from Manchester to Newcastle for free, to Birmingham for free, to Sheffield for free, plus many more. That’s pretty brilliant. I’m thinking of buying (or not as in this case…) tickets to various cities where my friends live and paying them all the visit that I’ve been promising for so long. If it only costs 50p, even if I don’t end up going to them all, I’ll only have spent about a pint. Sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment