gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


A Gradult on Work Experience


As far as I’m aware, regular readers of Gradulthood assume it’s a full time venture. Insightful posts such as ‘does you hallway make you a gradult’ can’t be hastily written in a gradults spare time, surely? Amazingly they can. All you've got to do is move back in with your parents, quickly ensure you have a less hectic social life than them and settle down with the laptop. It’s a bold move but I’m sure you’ll agree the rewards are obvious. Girls love blogs after all. In art house films that is. In real life they seem to prefer things like men with permanent jobs and cars. Cycle to your temp job I say, saves money.
For the next two weeks I'll be based in London after being taken under the wing of a copywriter based just outside Brixton. I’m posting this gem from my sisters student house in Kentish Town. As an older brother I’ve commandeered her bed for the foreseeable - after all I only know her through my Mum and I met her first.


Posts may become a little more sporadic for the next couple of weeks as I look to gain some valuable experience. If you think I’m being selfish then listen to the cheek of this – last week I emailed my Gradulthood cohort, Michael Gray, only to be sent a rushed, grammarless excuse of a reply informing me he ‘couldn’t speak now because he had to let Phil Tufnell out for a fag’. Two weeks at Media City and you need a glittering England cricketing / prime time panel show career to get a decent response. Who pays your licence fee eh? 'Not me', real gradults' scream.

Not sure how to do captions on this new blogger but don't for a second think that picture resembles my current view, it was just lazy Google imaging. My view is a block of flats okay? More Tinchy Stryder than Hugh Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment