gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


A Gradult in Glasgow: The return.

The best Christmas lights in England?
I went, I saw, and I really enjoyed myself. My preconceptions wouldn’t have allowed me to consider Glasgow as a vibrant and beautiful city, but it really is. Admittedly, the Christmas lights are on far too early, but aren’t they everywhere nowadays?

As I mentioned in my preview article last week, Saturday saw us visit Parkhead to watch Celtic versus Dundee. In all honesty it was a pretty drab game, the crowd were useless/restless, and the standard of football was worse than the English Championship, although I would say that. The game finished 1-1, and I just about managed to disguise my pleasure at seeing Dundee grab a last gasp equaliser. I won’t bore you with details of the night out that followed, but we managed to find a few nice bars with some very good guest beers on.

Naturally we didn’t wake up in time for breakfast at the hostel, so even more naturally we popped over the road to the local ‘spoons for a quick traditional English before heading to the highlands for our Sunday activity. Following a 40-minute journey, we arrived at the Glengoyne whisky distillery for a tour, tasting and blending session. What a place! Not only was the whisky incredibly nice (sweet, and not smokey), but the actual tour was really interesting and informative. The definite highlight however was the blending session. We each produced 100ml of blended whisky from 8 different scotch whiskeys, with a cheeky 20ml left over at the end for us to taste.

Forget any preconceptions you may have, visit Glasgow. Maybe I should try and get a job with their tourism board…

1 comment:

  1. by best Christmas lights in England, did you mean Scotland?

    ReplyDelete