gra-dult-hood n.

1. A stage in life between graduation and adulthood.
2. Gradulthood often involves jobs that don't fulfil a graduate's expectations.
3. A term coined during the recession.


3 things I learnt this week.

Once again we've only learnt three things.  This time though it's three things between us.  A Sunday feature seemed a good idea at the time.  Hopefully next week we'll be more attentive.
Wikipedia celebrated its tenth birthday. The world’s largest online encyclopaedia celebrated its tenth birthday. For my tenth birthday my parents hired out a sports hall at a local leisure centre for me. I reckon Jimmy Wales might have had something a bit grander planned. Difficult to imagine YouTube and Google turning up for a kick around and some dry cake.
Gradulthood is worth £913.88; according to biznut.co.uk anyway, and they obviously know what they’re talking about. Seriously, you go on their website, type in your website and it values it. Surely for www.gradulthood.blogspot.com to be worth nearly a thousand pounds, someone has to be willing to pay somewhere in the region of that amount? If someone is, email me...
I can now recognise cod. I’ve learnt a lot about fish this week because of Hugh’s fish fight. And yes, yes I am about to talk about fish for the third time in seven days. The amount of cod (as well as other fish) fisherman have to chuck overboard is just ridiculous. And to emphasise this Hugh's had his cameramen filming a lot of them, so now I recognise various species. If anyone’s thinking about watching Hugh's fish fight whilst having your tea, I wouldn’t recommend it. Especially the salmon farming bit in the third episode, I don’t care how efficient it is, there’s blood everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment